11.21.2012

The perfect gift for that friend on Facebook who is still way pissed about the election*

Spitfire and I were browsing around in The Book Table the other day. Actually, she was browsing. I was chasing after a squealing, happy Dark Lord and mentally preparing to cut a salesclerk if she gave my baby the stink-eye one more time. I promise your overpriced LDS holiday snowmen whatevers are safe, salesclerk, he isn't even touching anything and I'm right here with him.

Also? If you can frown at this . . .

Respect the Curls

 . . . you have dark things in your life. I'm just saying.

Anyway, while mid-chase, I saw something so awesome in the puzzle section that I had to take its picture and send it to GH.



Dad, if you want this for your birthday or Christmas, the time to speak is now! I know the picture is bad (my cell phone camera is pretty cheap), but it's a painting of several past Republican presidents gathered around a table playing poker. 



Do not ask me why anyone would sign up to play poker with Richard Nixon, because you know that dude would cheat. (Don't get me wrong, I cheat at games too, but I have a feeling he would cheat bigger.) I went to the artist's website when I got home and found that he doesn't just paint Republicans--he has a Democrat version as well:




Truman's shirt is my favorite. Not sure why this version didn't make it into the Book Table . . . or maybe they did have it but people came in after the election and snagged all the copies. That's probably what happened.




*another good gift idea for TFoFWiSWPatE is food storage. I know it can't be coincidence that the day after the election Pinterest was on fire with pins about building your own bunker and stuff.

11 comments:

Saskia said... [reply]

That is pretty awesome.

Science Teacher Mommy said... [reply]
This comment has been removed by the author.
Science Teacher Mommy said... [reply]

Just stupid.

First of all, Clinton and Bush the first would be playing together.

But nothing is as bad as the monstrosity heading this article:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/a-mormon-reporter-on-the-romney-bus

Unknown said... [reply]

Personally, I think they all just chum up and do lunch together most of the time anyway and laugh at our expense. Or used to. Until recently.

Janssen said... [reply]

Gotta have some entertainment in your bunker.

Desmama said... [reply]

Cannot stop laughing.

Jenny said... [reply]

I bought them all and am going to sell them for lots of money this holiday season. The big box stores were so wrong about what the real big ticket item is. Also this reminds me of the Jimmy Fallon sketch about the presidential debates and I wish the political world was this chummy

Brittney said... [reply]

Amen to the Pinterest comment. If I hear one more person tell me about how it is obviously The Last Days because of how the election went, my eyes are gonna roll right down the street.

Cooldad said... [reply]

I think you may be dead to me.

Mumsy said... [reply]

I love you a little bit more because of this. Or a lot more.

emandtrev said... [reply]

That makes me laugh. Eh, life is so full of comedy these days. I also hate the stink eye from sales clerks or even other parents. I want to say, "You were a child once too. Just stop."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...